Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Rome: DAY 16

SIXTEENTH DAY
September 28, 2005


Yesterday was about high finance and how to beat the Italian banking system.  I would say we lost.  But, we did get most of the dough for the bike.  I suppose what is most interesting is their approach to non-Italians.  At this moment, I cannot open an account in Italy because I have neither permission nor residency.  I am trying to circumvent the rules and make some other outcome happen.  One of the interesting aspects of Italian banking is how you get in the bank. You enter a glass cylinder, which then closes you in and the other side of the tube opens to let you in the bank.  Kim says it is like being beamed up like Dr. Spock and Scottie.   You may have noticed a strange new picture on the blog.  I am learning to transfer from my I Photo Library to the blog, but didn’t select the one I wanted and don’t know yet how to change it.  Patricia, one of the excellent Fellows with an undergraduate degree from that great Midwestern university, Northwestern, is my teacher.  We will see.  Cooked in the kitchen on our floor and ate on our stunning terrace.  All the days cannot be big.

No comments:

Post a Comment