Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Rome: DAYS 51-52 MOVIN’ DAY

FIFTY-FIRST DAY
MOVIN’ DAY
November 2-3, 2005


I think they call it moving day when a pro football team makes its cuts.  In this case, we are the cutees as we prepare to leave the American Academy.  It is our final day and night and we are taking down all our notes and numbers, getting rid of junk, getting money at the bank to pay the new rent, packing for our trip to Spain and more.  Transitions are hard and we have had a fine time here.  Last night at dinner there was a graceful farewell for us from the Arts Director, Dana Prescott.  She has been very helpful to me in the several art projects that I have completed.  When we return from Spain we will be on our own in Rome.  Kimberly is building a new life on her own as Italian student on the rampage.  I have actually started to chart my course as a researcher into the medieval world of paper-making.  Either that or I have to find a job.  We have not yet figured out our Internet access, but we do have a phone number and hookup, just no phone yet.  This also probably means we have to get a mobile phone so that we can be like the rest of Italy. So tonight at 6:30 we move our stuff from here to there via cab and in the morning it is on to Barcelona and the Spanish southern coast.  I am slightly uneasy about all these moves, but will try to take everything in a meditational quiet mode. My next message will come from the Spanish coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment