Thursday, February 9, 2006

A Big Positive

February 9, 2006

Most important things first today. The tests that Kimberly took today came out negative and that is a big positive.  They were checking for some cardiac issues with an echocardiogram and all is not only well but I think the Dr. said the word perfect.  I love it when they use those kinds of words.  She still has a throat issue to resolve and we will take it on right away.  So it will be back to the gentle Dr. David Cohen.  He has been my internist for over 25 years and I hope to use him for another twenty-five.  He is the Doctor’s Doctor and a very nice guy.  He treated all of my kids after they came this way and always asks about each of them.  He thinks I am on the heavy side, I wonder what made him think that?  Still, he is one of my go to guys and when I pick up the wrong thing to eat I know Cohen wouldn’t approve but would try to not make me feel too bad.  I got Kimberly to go to him several years ago.  I am hoping he can figure out what is going on for Kim. 


I keep thinking about Rome.  I suppose this is understandable because we really just got home.  We have heard from friends at the Academy and we are missing some of our Roman routines.  Still for all the sweetness of Trastevere, the warm and scenic streets of San Francisco are where my heart really lies.  I don’t want to jinx myself, but riding the Motorscooter in SF makes Italy seem like an impossible obstacle course.  The trees and flowers of Sonoma are starting to bud and soon it will be a real riot of new blossoms and color.  We seem to have returned to most of our old routines.  My golf still sucks, squash doubles is the most fun game in the world, the California College of the Arts continues its full throttle upward arc, and the Sonoma Valley Museum of Art is the most exciting exhibition space in Sonoma County.  So what’s new?  The sun is setting in the West and that is good.  Tomorrow is supposed to be fair and warm.  It feels like home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment